Monday, June 1, 2009

Still at 199, and wondering about the 30 day shred...

I took a break from the shred on friday, but I only took that day off because I could barely get out of bed and was so tired all day and sore. Ive since gotten back into the routine and am hoping I will do it everyday. For me tho it seems to get harder everyday and I dont know if it is because each day Im pushing myself a little harder. Jilian says that by day 6 or 7 you should be doing great and have better endurance, i don't know about that. I want to know how long before you start seeing results and also when should you go from level 1 to level 2? I was thinking like 2 weeks, but that is just my guess. Im still at 199 pounds, its been almost 2 weeks and im not seeing any changes, Ive been green and eating good and working out. Maybe I am just not getting enough excersise as i should be.

4 comments:

  1. Be patient. If you are exercising and eating "right" then the results will follow. It probably feels like things should be happening and before you know it, the results will show. Hang in there and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually do the levels for 10 days (30 days divided by 3 levels equals 10 days each). I think with the shred you need to keep track of your progress through MEASUREMENTS. You may not be losing weight yet, but I bet your clothes are fitting a little bit better. I plan on measuring every ten days to see how I'm doing. The first time I did the shred I lost 3.5 inches the first 10 days!

    Hang in there and I promise you'll see results!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would definitely do some measurements. Also, give your body some adjustment time - you could be holding on to water because of your workout intensity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely do your measurements. For me, I find that the more I workout the more inches I lose, but the scale hardly moves. Especially with the Shred. I actually gained after doing the Shred everyday for 21 days (and my eating was on track) but I lost lots of inches!

    I am still doing Level 1 of the Shred. I tried Level 2 and couldnt do a lot of the excercises.

    ReplyDelete