Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sticking with something?

Now that I am feeling better it is time to get back to it. I have been doing well with eating and i feel that my tummy has shrunk and isn't as bloated as it was before. My Goal is to actually stick with a program and I mean really stick with it. I have tried doing the Denise Austin daily dozen and I saw Great results but I never stuck with it, Ive tried the 30 day shred for about 9 days and didn't stick with that. This time I am going to follow the Shrink Your Female Fat Zones program by Denise Austin. I have the Workout DVD and the book. It is nice because all it requires is Stretching 3 times a day, 25 minute walk and 15 minutes of your targeted "zone". Lets just see if I can stick to this, It would be good and I would feel so accomplished to actually stick with something that works. For the most part I have tried to cut out the unnecessary sugars, I mean it is hard and I still eat cereal and I had Chocolate chip fiber one pancakes. But I have been really good about not having cookies or candy it will be a week on Friday that I haven't had any of this junk. I have been eating allot of Carbs, but in the means of Whole grain cereal, Whole wheat pasta and potatoes. For me it is hard to watch the carbs because I have always had a protein, starch and a veggie with dinner all my life and its just the way it is. I really love my cereal or Oatmeal or fiber one pancakes in the mornings, and I try to watch the carbs and if I get them they are usually the ones that are better for you... But a carb is a carb is a carb LOL...
Started of the day with a nice breakfast, a stretch and a 28 minute morning walk, followed by a nice half salad at Applebees with good company. I just hope that the rest of the day and evening go well as they hardly ever do these days.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan Becca. Hope the rest of your day goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I like your February pic!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good trick I use to get through a program is to make it okay to miss a day. If I miss a day I don't think all is lost. Well, immediately I *feel* this and then I think, "okay, it is one or two days, how does my overall week rate?" If I am not satisfied with my week, then I make a conscious effort to make the next week count. Even if I have to repeat weeks of a program at a certain level I do. This gives me flexibility of time. When I remove that pressure it all seems to work out in my mind.

    You can do it Becca! Great job on making a goal. You are strong and worth it!

    Sorry to hear about all the lady trouble you have been having. Those cysts are not pleasant. My friend had one once. I hope you get that follow up and don't have too much pain!

    ReplyDelete