Sunday, April 18, 2010

I have been missing out :(

Hello lovely bloggers, hope you all had a great weekend. I have been having some tummy issues so eating has not been great and getting exercise last week was eh. I gained a pound but I went 5 days without a BM and then I had some icky stuff going on when I finally got to go. So as a distress er i decided to draw a hot bubble bath with a stress relief candle and soak. WOW have I been missing out on a really enjoyable pleasure. The idea of soaking in water that you get into with whatever funk is on your body always turned me off to baths, that and the fact that I could never fit into a tub. I am looking at it in a whole new light because I truly enjoyed it and I cannot remember a time that i was that relaxed and stress free. I see more of those bubble baths in my future.
Tonight dinner was so good, we had grilled Chicken Breast with a Mango pineapple salsa I made from scratch and it tasted so good. I also made an oven roasted sweet potatoes dish that was also good too. I will give you the recipe just in case you might want to give it a try. Also my Loving Honey made a Pizza for dinner on Saturday That was KICKIN!!! It was 4oz of TJ's Garlic and Herb pizza dough (enough for a personal 6 inch pizza) With homemade sauce from fresh tomatoes, basil and garlic and Italian onion. The toppings were fresh green onion, fresh mushrooms, fresh black olives, fresh fire roasted red bell peppers and more Italian onion, and cant forget the Shredded Pizza cheese and all for 300 calories :)


Mango salsa
1/2c Diced fresh Mango
1/2c Chunk Pineapple
1-2 cloves of garlic (more of less to taste)
1 tsp fresh chopped ginger root (more of less to taste)
1 tbsp both cilantro and basil ( more or less to taste)
1/2-1 Fresh Jalapeno or other type of hot peeper
1/4c chopped Fire Roasted Red Peeper (optional, you can use fresh bell peeper too)
Juice of a small to med lime

mix into bowl and chill for 1-2 hours and serve however you like it!


Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes :
Preheat oven to 500
2-3 pounds of Sweet Potatoes with skin
1tbsp EVOO
5-6 Cloves of Garlic
1tsp Garlic powder
1tsp Paprika
1/4tsp of peeper

Chop potatoes in skin and place in bowl big enough to toss ( or put the lid on and shake)
add the Tbsp of EVOO and garlic along with spices and seasonings toss to coat well
Spray a baking sheet with EVOO or other nonstick cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes
stirring potatoes half way through. Broil for 2 minutes and enjoy

1 comment:

  1. You know, everytime I take one of those wonderfully relaxing soaks in the tub I say to myself "Why don't I do this more often??"
    What's up with that? Why don't I???? :-)

    Ask Garcia

    ReplyDelete