Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My first post

Ok so I am new to this blogspot thingy and am completely lost. I am not new to blogging as I have a myspace, nor am I a dummy when it comes to computers. I just havnt got the hang of this yet, so bare with me.

First I just want to say that I began my Weight loss/healthier lifestyle when I was at 300 pounds and having surgery for kidney stones at the age of 27. Scared the shit out of me and hurt like hell, whats worse is that dr told me I was to big to see the x-rays post surgery. The stone was a formation of calcuim caused by not enough water and too much Soda. Then and there a made a commitment to myself to be healthier and to stay that way forever. Im not going to lie its been one of the hardest things I have ever done, but so worth it. I would always feel so tired and like a truck ran me over, i honestly thought I had something wrong like cancer and was deing. After going to the dr for the first time in like 3 years, I had high blood preasure, cholesterol and triclycerides were hernedous and I was borderline Diabetic. It eased my mind to know that I wasnt deing or had cancer but was still scary to learn I had so many other health problems.
After changing my eating habbits and becoming much more active, here I am today at 222 pounds. I feel so much better and my health has improved so much, everything is normal now.
I still strugle every day with portion sizes and craving, Im also very lazy so excersize ( especially in the winter) is so hard for me. I am an emotional eater and I am unmotivated as well. But I still find time to make little changes and keep myself moving as much as I can and that helps out alot. Well I guess I better stop writing because honestly I could write a book. And I am sure my ramblings are confusing and my spelling sucks big time. Forgive me

1 comment:

  1. WoW, you've come a long ways!!!

    (pssst... spelling isn't that big a deal, but you might want to fix your title. There are 2 "g's" in struggle)

    ReplyDelete