Friday, July 10, 2009

its friday, a 2 pound weight gain WHAT NO WAY.. how is that even possible?

Ok so as you all know I have been a walking machine this last week, walked about 5 miles total to and from the farmers market yesterday, on top of walking to the store and back 2 times a day and walking the dog in the evening for 32 minutes at 1.73 miles. Ive also stepped it up and have been doing resistance for my arms and thighs and doing weights for my biceps and triceps. Not to mention my eating has been great, ive been kicking ass. So today the scale said 192 pounds... GAH what, a 2 pound gain after working my ass off. Anyways I was confused and frustrated but got alot of feedback and advice so im taking all into consideration and I am not giving up!

Also I have notcied lately that I sweat alot more then I used, after walking even stuff like doing the dishes. Im wondering if it is because my metabolism is getting higher and I am burnning more calories doing everyday normal things that are physical. Maybe its normal but i didnt sweat nearly as much when I weighed more its kinda weird. Another thing I didnt think about was now that I am 110 pounds lighter I dont burn as many calories as I used to doing things, so Im thinking I do need to step it up more. Im going to continue to walk every night and do the eliptical but im going to only do my weights and resistant stuff every other day that way I can give my body some rest. I'll do my tummy crunches and bicycle crunches and such every night tho, because what I understand the stomach muscles dont need a break. Thanks all for hanging in with me and listening to my bables, sorry I havnt been blogging everyday but im still here on my journey trying to make it and taking it one day at a time. Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!!!

6 comments:

  1. You are building muscle. Keep up the great work. You are working your body well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hellooooo just found your blog today. doesn't that make you CRAZY!!! I totally agree that you are prob just getting more muscles but I also know how pissed I am when I see the scale go in the wrong direction for no apparent reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just keep doing what you're doing and it will come off, and i have to agree that you are building muscle and gaining strength!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's muscle or just normal fluctuation. Two lbs isn't enough to go on. Keep up the good work!

    http://fatgirltale.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weight loss isn't linear. Fat loss, maybe more so, but too many things affect the number on the scale. Glycogen loss, salt intake, hormones, etc. That's why it's advised that people who are disturbed by the fluctuations of the scale only weigh once a week (though for me, once a month would be better). I still weigh every day, but that's because I've learned by now that my weight bounces around 2-3 pounds for weeks, then drops a few, bounces around a new normal.

    ReplyDelete